Monday, September 15, 2008

Being a blessing to one another

It's funny how Ps.Lance was preaching about being a blessing to one another last week and being considerate and loving one another this week. He was basically sharing on how we have to respect one another, submit, be considerate, not slandering, judging one another, etcetc. No matter who or what the person is they are still valuable to our sight because God loves them as well. I took down so many notes and theres so much to share but I just don't have the time now as I have exams tomorrow but I'll leave some quotes down to let you guys think about =)

Being a blessing
Blessing of Affirmation
"You are delightful, I like you being here" Be genuine, take delight in little things and be specific on what you're praising them for

Blessing of High esteem
"You are valuable to me, and are worth my time and effort" and more importantly "You are a treasure worth discovering" (from me: YOU ALL ARE ^^ )

which wil lead to loving one another, respect, favor , submit one another and be a blessing to those in our lives. As humans, all of us , myself included slanders, judges, 'Picks' the people who to hang out with, just cos we 'click' and you know what? After the sharing by Ps Lance for the past 2 weeks , I was convicted and have made a descision to be blessing to others in my life. To serve them, love them even more than before! Not because it suits my purposes or because I felt like it but to do it because I want to put others above myself.

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Rom 14:19

Speaking of which I received my IELTS Result last week and I needed a 7/9 IF I wanted to migrate to Aus. Funny thing was, it was such an important test and I didn't even bother studying at all , except for the last 20 minutes before the Test starts. Cut long story short I got 8/9 !!! woot!! I was so happy I managed to get my high school's teacher email and just sent her a thank you email for her guidance and stuff like that and this was her reply. Of course I cut some other stuff due to some confidental info. =P

Hi Jason,
I can't tell you how much your email has meant to me. It is so rare in this job to get any sort of thank you, but your email helps me continue to believe that even though many students don't say it, they are thankful for the work we put in. Well done on your IELTS result. I still continue to examine IELTS and know how rare such a great result is

---- cut ------------

Once again, thank you for your kind words and best of luck in the future!

I'm so happy after seeing that reply haha =)

And Cintan Mee said "you have been a blessing to someone random"
yes I have!! :D well not really cos shes my high school teacher but yeah.............. can count also la =3

ok off to study or else I'll not do well in tomorrow's exam\

No comments: