Monday, September 15, 2008

Looking back

I was just looking back at the past and I can't help chuckle on some of the things that we used to do

1.) Before the Internet and Mobile Phones we would call each other with our house phone. Not only that but it was one of the best way to 'Kao' a girl and I bet everyone has done this before.

"ok bye"
"bye"
......
"why are you still here? bye"
"urm i duno hehehe..... bye"
"you put your phone down first laa"
"dunwan you put first then I put"
"okokok on the count of 3. 1......2.........3!!!"
"hello? u still there"
"hehehe, why didn't you put down your phone"

2.) When the internet came up ,MIRC and ICQ were the in-thing. You can find anyone virtually from anywhere in the world, and I found lots of my old friends from primary school through MIRC. But the funny thing was the era where everyone just clicked on someone randomly and went 'ASL?' 'ASL?' (age/sex/location) and you can make your details up.. 24/F/Alaska , waaaa you're from alaska? cool! do you have any pic?

3.) 90' s was the era I think of Michael Jackson , almost everyone LOVED Michael Jackson, I still have a video of him perfoming live in Jerudong Park. Oh and not to forget pop bands /boybans like Backstreetboys, Westlife, Boyzone, 911, MLTR, Spice Girls , B*Witched....

3.5.) I forgot to metion that I used to play the song that my crush likes whenever I'm talking on the phone with her , because thats how crazy we were liking boybands!!

4.) Remember the times when people would wear baggy cargo pants and shirts that are super huge?


5.) Oh I loved captain planet, TMNT, Ultraman, Dragon Ball (sadly the western part of the world are only now into Dragonball when we were already in it in 1990, and now they're making a dragonball Z movie which is going to be a disgrace to the anime) GOGO POWER RANGERS!!!!

6.) most guys during the 90's has the Dragonball Trunks look hairstyle

7.) Do you remember movies like "Jurassic Park, The Mighty Ducks, Ace ventura.. and the classic The Lion King"

8.) I am hungry feed me! , wanna play? THANK YOU! - Tamagotchi!!!!! I rememberd my friend literally cried when her Tamagotchi got confiscated in school because her poor doggy was starving and going to die. not to mention the amount of poo in the little tiny screen

9.) I would wake up very early on saturday and sunday morning to watch cartoons! I miss Pinky
and the Brain where did they go??

10.) I bet everyone has read Goosebumps and it still is good!! Go R.L Stine!

11.) Yo-yo's were cool back then PRO-YO!!

12.) HAHAHHA do you remember RING POPS!????

13.) Walkman's were uber cool (if u still remember what that is) and everyone died to have that cool gadget!

and.... the list can go on but I think I'll stop for now. Why am i doing this I don't really know I guess I was just sitting down taking a break from assignments and just remembering the past hehe

No comments: