Friday, January 28, 2011

Being a Teacher

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom.

It's my personal approach that creates the climate.

It's my daily mood that makes the weather.

As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a student's life miserable or joyous.

I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration.

I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal.

In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated,

And a student humanized or dehumanized.


Haim Ginott, Author and Teacher

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I very much agree with this because my mother is a teacher and it is a great quote. It is the teachers job to lay down the line whether it is to be crossed by the student or the student stays in-bounds. The only issue I have with this is how he is portraying himself from my viewing standpoint, it is his job to teach but also should learn about who succeeds and who is to fail intentionally or not. Almost sounds unforgiving and one of the hardest to approach teachers.

Jason Lee said...

Yea I can see your point.. I always thought that he can be a person to either give a hope and a future for the kids or not at all by what he does. :)

yunya212 said...

Nonetheless, these kinds of superstars sports activity a minimum of artist Cheap Oakley Sunglasses, and also mind you, they will expense coming from plenty to be able to also thousands! Clearly, Oakley Frogskinswe all common Joes can not manage undertake a number of artist czw6rf colors. Even when we could, envision the Oakley Frogskin particular impracticality once we can easily devote to a lot more crucial concerns! Yet as a result of low-cost look-alike Oakley Radar, we could take pleasure in the identical glamour and also type why these superstars take pleasure in and never having to Oakley Radar Sunglasses pay out a lot of!