Thursday, July 23, 2009

The One with the Promotion

I got a call from my manager at work today and she said she needs to have a chat with me. I began thinking 'uh-oh' was it because of the request I've asked for the past week on not being able to work on Wed and Sunday because of Church and about the Mission Trip stuffs I'm going to have? Bad thoughts begin to hit me and I just thought 'okok, God if I do get scolded or told off, pls give me strength to not cry but accept it.' *took a deep breath* went in and see her, and she told me to sit down.

'Jason you're not supposed to wear necklaces at work, pls take it off.'

In my head I was thinking of phew, just that.

'also.... as you know Julia is promoted to Guest Service Manager, and there's an empty slot in Front Office Receptionist, I was thinking you'll do well in that role and was wondering if you would like to work in the front office.' Man! without thinking, I said YES!!! haha.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect to get promoted so quickly, considering I just worked here for 3 weeks and had one accident in valet parking last week. It's pretty exciting that I can work in front office because that has been my goal and prayer even before I got landed a job here. I told God "I don't want housekeeping or food and beverage, I want to work in the front office' and I know its hard seeing most of the Front office people are always women and I don't know I feel like I'm the first guy ever to be in the front office in this resort I'm working in!

I know at the end of the day it was God's favor, His provision and blessings. One thing I would like to share was how in the 5 months of not being able to get a job and working on a measely 9 hours a week in McD, I had just enough to cover for food and rent but not enough for life. I was struggling, my bank acc was running low and people would ask me to go out and I would say no because I don't have money. Even tithing and giving my 10% was a big challenge, I did give my 10% every week but one Sunday all I had was $20 in my wallet and my 10% was $10. I tried asking people if they had change but none of them did and during tithing ,I was still deciding if I wanted to give all I had which was my $20 in my wallet, but God reminded me of the verse

“‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,’ says the LORD of hosts” (Mal. 3:10-11).

I took a deep breath and prayed to God that I won't give my tithe just because I had to give, but I want to give with a good heart, knowing that the money will be used for His kingdom and knowing God will provide. True enough a week later I got my concierge job and 3 weeks later, I have this promotion :D I mean c-mon!! Here I am all new to the workplace, and there are people who has worked here for years and I got it? It's definately God and I believe its the same in workplace as church when you have a willing heart to serve and learn and grow then God will definately raise you up.

I believe that tithing our 10% is really important, it's God testing our faithfulness and how we are stewards with our money, and I like how Kong hee puts it that tithing qualifies or disqualifies us from God's wealth and abundance. Its amazing how God says that the Devourer will be rubuked and God will protect our finances from being 'eaten away'.

Is this a prosperity message? *gasps* jeng jeng jeng. I guess it is, because I was never a strong and firm believer in God blessing me abundantly, I was afraid to ask, I was thinking that I would be selfish and God would get angry. God had to break my heart and get me out of my shell to believe God for greater things. God does want to bless us, but there must be a balance as well, because its not all about blessing me me me but with God blessing us, we can be a blessing to the Church and the people we have in our lives, thus I want to encourage you to 'Try God' now and believe for God's blessings in your life!

Well I'm not offically promoted yet, because they have to find somebody to cover my spot but Praise God ey?!! =P

No comments: