Sunday, July 05, 2009

Jesus Culture.....

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors......

I got this revelation from God a week ago when this came up from a conversation with a friend, and from this revelation came with another awesome revelation. So what was it?

It's culture.... it's the way we speak, act and behave. Its taking a transition from our culture to Jesus Culture.
As a Malaysian one of our favorite quote is 'DIE LAHH' Whenever something bad happens our first reaction is 'DIE LAHHHH'
or when when someone offended us we go 'That person ahh.... He @#$# this and that....... you know what he say....&^%&^ I cannot tahan him you know'
or how about driving and parking?
'waaaa tat $%# took my car park!!!! *&^*&^ tat driver so lousy'
Well that's one of the few of malaysian culture..
Maybe for the Western culture is that they love being sarcasatic? (I'm guessing)

I think you get what I'm trying to say here. Point is... God was challening me that
If I'm representing Christ...
If I'm called to be salt and light and to make an influence of the world then there has to be a standard. That standard is not of the worlds but of God. We stand on our convictions knowing what we believe in. Standard of convictions, standard of truths all from the Bible. Even also not following what other Christians are doing, because not all the time what they're doing are beneficial... its not wrong but not beneficial. So God was challenging me to get into His word, know the truth, get the convictions in and defend it, because those are the foundations that will help build me up and help build others.

So when bad circumstances happens instead of going what us Malaysians would always do like 'Die lahhh, no chance' we bring in the Jesus Culture and go 'Its ok, God is in control.. I trust Him' Imagine what your friends would think with those two different reactions?? Because AT THAT MOMENT.... you can either influence or be the same as the world and not make a difference. Which is it going to be? Thats an opportunity right there.

Prayer Meeting was so awesome yesterday and God was just confirming it through what Pastor Lance was sharing... He was giving the same example like 'When someone badmouthes a person, then are you going to join in and go 'Yeah!! That person is like a cow, He cant do his work well ...etcetcetc' or you can go 'Mmmm I know his like that but I want to pray for him and believe he can change' WOW!!! Is that awesome or what? Lance was then sharing about being imitators of God.. in our speech, in our character... its just basically what God was sharing with me for the past week bringing Jesus Culture in!!

Man, I'm so convicted and challenged to live in a whole notha' level......

Jesus help me then to develop Godly Biblical standards in my life for your glory

No comments: