Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Power of Your Name







I love the Lincoln Brewster Album I got for my bday, been listening to it and this song really touched me, the lyrics are meaningful so true and made me realized that there's so much brokeness in this world, but we as God's children , carrying God's compassion, to love others, to give the life we have been given to others, to Love God, Love People, Love Life.

The Power of Your Name feat Darlene Zschech

Surely children weren't made for the streets
and the fathers were not made to leave
Surely this isn't how it should be
Let your Kingdom come
Surely nations were not made for war
or the broken meant to be ignored
Surely this just can't be what You saw
Let your Kingdom Come, Here in my Heart

I will Live, to carry your compassion
To love a world that's broken
To be your hands and feet
I will Give, with the life that I've been given
and go beyond religion
to see the wold be changed
By the Power of your Name

Surely life wasn't made to regret
And the lost were not made to forget
Surely Faith without action is dead
Let Your Kingdom come, Lord Break this Heart
Your Name, is a shelter for the hurting
Jesus Your name, is a refuge for the weak
Only your name, Can redeem the undeserving
Jesus Your Name, Holds everything I need

No comments: