Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The stand

This holiday hasn't been one of the best, decided to not go back to Malaysia and Brunei because I was hoping to apply for a job and work during the hols but unfortunately no calls yet, and I got rejected twice from the hotels I applied. Oh man I really need this job, I've been spending a lot going out to eat and shopping again. I decided to chill with my friends because they wanted to go shopping but in the end I bought a $89 coat. This baby caught my eye and I just Had to buy it! haha.

Besides that the highlight from last week has got to be the church conference I went to. Honestly, I didn't felt like going, but something in me went 'just go, and have faith and believe something great to happen' the other half went 'just go if not ppl wud just keep asking why dont you wanna go' ...... at the end of the day I had only one choice which was to go hahaha.

Boy was I glad I attended the conference. I bet everyone encountered God in a powerful way just as I did. No one left unchanged, but challenged and transformed. I was encouraged to read what God has done to the people who attented the conf and what God has spoke to them. awesone stuffs guys! The topic can never be so timely.... a community church and I believe its in season not only for the church but for myself.

My character has been lousy lately, my attitude stinks and I'm so glad got corrected and challenged me to change these things in my life. If I don't change, If I don't renew my mind then I'm going to cause a lot of problems in the community. Funny thing is before the conference, I was challenged by God to rise up, to take that call to lead my Life group, especially the guys group which is kind of weak at the moment, and I asked God "what do you want to see in this Life Group?' and one of the thing God put in my heart was the friendship, tangible relationships and bonding with one another, funny enough the conference was about community ey? Actually I've been frustarted with my Life Group not moving forward, not growing, frust at myself that I'm not doing a better job cos I know I can do better but instead of correcting or scolding me.

Went for altar call and this guy who didn't even know me prayed for me, and God used him to speak to me. One thing was that God knows the dissastisfcation in my heart, He also has a part to play in it, I was also beggining to doubt my calling but God just encouraged me to not look at what I don't have but He will fill those things that I don't have. He has heard my cry and will continue to mould and shape me. This was all I was felling before the conference!!! and this guy who didn't even know me prayed and spoke these encouragement for me after all that i've been thru. Indeed I have some self-image problem and this guy even knew but he said that God is beginning to chip-away those things...Praise God! Came back with a renewed passion and vision for the life group and church and I can't wait to see what God is going to do esp in my life group. I know it'll take time but it's going to be worth it..


All of my life, in every season,YOU ARE STILL GOD, I HAVE A REASON TO SING
I HAVE A REASON TO WORSHIP (taken from the new Hillsong album, Desert song by Brooke fraser, get the album its out its awesome!)
I'll take the stand

No comments: