Friday, April 06, 2012

Splatters and Bouncers

Our response to discouragement holds the key to our future.

I’ve noted two types of people in the world: splatters and bouncers. When splatters hit the bottom they land with a thud and stick like glue. No matter what you try to say and do, there’s no use trying to pick up a splatter who has fallen flat. Bouncers on the other hand, pull themselves together and rebound after hitting the bottom. Give them a little bit of encouragement, and they will ride it back up to the top.

Everyone who falters has a choice: are you going to get up or give up? The difference between the splatters and bouncers lies in their attitude. Splatters bemoan their fate and blame others for their problems. Bouncers learn from their failures and find supporters to help them recover.

John Maxwell

16 comments:

Brandi said...

I totally agree with you!! nicely put!

MARIBEL JARRIN said...

Visit my blog and tou have oll information about helth http://hospisanbartolo.blogspot.com/?zx=b5285da5fd3b6668

oil painting gossip said...

It's a very post.I like your blog very much and I will be share it with my friends.Thank you for your sharing.

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jennifer anderson said...

awesome dude! awesome!

Marloes said...

Hope you don't mind if I post this on facebook. Just love it!

Unknown said...

This is very inspirationall indeed and i relate to this very much,
as i used to blame others for my downfalls, but i have learned to take my fate into my own hands and transform to the better.
so in away i would say i've grown from being a splatter to a bouncers. thanx again for the inspiration

vintage wedding dresses said...

Our response to discouragement holds the key to the future, therefore, do your best and believe that tomorrow is another day!

Lady Anonymous said...

That's deep in a weird sort of way. I like it!

reginag said...

It's the key on where are heading on.

obgyn arizona

danousd said...

This is the same guy who quotes himself in his books which I think is pretty funny.

AngelicEwe said...

Love it :) Very well written and an interesting way of seeing it. I hope you don't mind if I repost?

Website Designers in Kerala said...

I am really like this tutorial

vuhelp.net said...

So nice blogger

vuhelp said...

So nice blogger

o2itsolution said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.