Monday, November 15, 2010

The call

Ps Lance was sharing about Leadership and the calling from God on Sunday and it reminded me what God spoke to me in the beginning of this year through Luke 1:29-38

God's favor was on Mary but it lead to pain, people ridiculed her and Joseph her husband wanted to leave her. Not only that but her son would be one that would be rejected and murdered. Mary had a great calling to give birth to the Son of the Most High that His kingdom will never end. I'm not sure how I got this during my quiet time but I wrote and highlighted 'A great calling comes with a great price'

That spoke to me for sure but the problem is I haven't really asked myself what the cost and price is. I know God has called me in the area of Leadership, there are times I really want to run away from it or not even go into it but there's something in my heart that wants to be in that position.
God has put greatness in us that is why we are longing for greatness, to be the head and not the tail, above and not beneath. Lance shared the leaders fail because when the time comes to pay the price, they fail... when it comes to perseverance, forgiveness, money or even servanthood are we willing to pay the price for it?

God doesn't look at our ability but our heart.

We may see that we are weak, we lack ability but God has said that His going to use the weak things of the world to same the strong. (1 Cor 1:27).

Lord I remember the promise you gave me to be a person of Destiny that will leave a Legacy. Mould me, Shape me , Use me, I'm willing to pay the price no matter what because it's worth it.

You have given to me
More than this world could give
My purpose is found in You

No comments: