Saturday, July 03, 2010

O Praise Him

I hope facebook doesn't cut out the video I put in my blog, if a video is not showing as usual go to jasonkid87.blogspot.com to watch it.

Wow! This week has been fairly tough for me actually, been a bit dry, started being lazy and all that jazz. But throughout all the tough times, there's only one thing that matters... your connection with God. It was so hard for me to press in. I didn't 'feel' like lifting my hands, I didn't 'feel' to open my mouth or to even open my bible. oh boy, was I wrong, like Jonah I was trying to run away, somehow someway God just brought me into this verse

Psalm 146:1-2 "Praise the Lord, O my soul! While I live I will praise the Lord, I will sing praises to my God while I have my being!"

I love how David says 'WHILE I LIVE' I will praise the Lord.. Wow! its a lifestyle, its your everything, as long as we live, we are commited to Praise His name! To be honest, one flaw I have is that during my own devotional time I would tend to skip 'Praise' and go straight to 'worship' .I'm like yeaaa come on straight into the holy of holies! Boy was I wrong... I have underestimated the power of Praise, Phil Pringle said "Praise opens gates into the presence of God' When you choose to Praise God you're singing on how good God is, what He has done and just that choice of choosing to praise God with your soul when you dont feel like it will bring about freedom, and encourages your spirit to rise up!

The last thing you want is letting the devil silence your mouth and keep you from singing. Don't ever let the devil steal your song, its your key to victory! Whatever is causing you to hang your head down in defeat has been overcomed by the Presence of God in you! so let's start Praising Him! =)

David Crowder Band- O Praise Him

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it :)