Monday, July 20, 2009

Getaway

I have a problem that is very unhealthy and that is comparing myself to other people. When I see what others that are close to me are achieving it, and how they are changing and moving forward, I would look at myself and see what a rotten scum I am. I know its very unhealthy and we all have our own individual races thus there’s no particular reason why I have to compare myself to others, I know I should be happy when my brothers and sisters are growing and thank God for His work at their lives. I guess it’s the ‘kiasu’ person in me to want to be the best, to want to be better than other people but that’s stupid because there’s always someone better than you/me. Okay, i’ve identified the problem now I need God grace to work in this area of my life...

On a brighter note, we had our Joshua Generation life group getaway 2 days ago. It was just a day to celebrate and thank God for what He has done in Acts29 and planning for the next 6 months. We also set a time just to thank and appreciate everyone individually which is good because we don’t really get to do that much. I was blown away, touched and really humbled what the ppl in my group were thanking me for. I just never knew the little or big stuffs that I did had made some sort of an impact in their lives. I never knew how my passion for God is that contagious and ppl are encouraged by it, I never knew (and still don’t understand) how I’m a trailblazer, I was also encouraged when they say I’ve taken the transition for a boy to becoming a Man hahah, I was encouraged that they can see how I’ve grown spiritually as well ,although that is still a learning and growing process. There were a lot more but I really can’t remember all of them -.-

Honestly though, I’ve never given much thought on what I did will have an impact in ppl’s lives, Maybe because I just don’t spend so much time reflecting on what I do but I just do it and not dwell on it. I really really appreciate and thank for the wonderful people I have in x29 because at the end of the day its them that has made a difference in my life J

No comments: